Carl and John are traveling to Ethiopia for ten days with The Petros Network. They are an organization that provides church planting, pastoral training, and humanitarian aid with an emphasis on empowerment of native peoples. The teams consist of everyday people longing to serve the Lord and share the gospel with the unreached.
The Lord has laid it on our hearts to share Christ’s love with all nations to the ends of the Earth. Jesus loves us all equally and his heart breaks, for his soon to be spotless bride. We cannot sit back and wait for all that he loves to be consumed by the rampant growth of hate, violence, and selfishness. We must go no matter the cost. I ask that all those that pray to pray fervently that hearts are softened and souls are won for Christ’s Kingdom. He is worthy!
For it is better, if it is Gods will, to suffer for doing good than for doing evil. For Christ suffered once for sins, the righteous for the unrighteous to bring you to God.
1 Peter 3 17-18 NIV
He sent out his word and healed them, he rescued them from the grave. Let them give thanks to the Lord for his unfailing love and wonderful deeds for mankind.
Psalms 107:20 NIV
This is how we know what love is Jesus Christ laid down his life for us. And we ought to lay down our lives for our brothers and sisters.
1 John 3:16 NIV
Dear children let us not love with words but with actions and in truth.
1 John 3:18
1. For the Father’s will to be done.
2. That all details of the flights to and from are without a hitch and that there are no problems with customs.
3. That the devil will not instill any fear or anxiousness in John or Carl or their families back home.
4. Protection over their families while they are gone. Pray for peace in times with little to no communication. Ethiopia is currently under a State of emergency which means social media may be blocked or internet may be completely shut down.
5. Wisdom to speak with only love and encouragement and allow the Holy Spirit to work through his servants.
6. For John and Carl to have opportunities to share the gospel and opportunities to be a witness for what God has done in their lives.
7. There are fifteen team members in total that have joined Petros Organization on this particular trip. We pray for unity between the team members that their sole purpose there is for glorifying the Kingdom of God and not for personal gain, or self-gratification.
8. The dominate religion in Ethiopia is Islam and persecution is great risk for the Pastors and families that are coming for training. Our brothers and sisters have been threatened, tortured and some have even been killed. They have been disowned by families and communities to serve our almighty Lord. Pray for the protection of pastors that are coming to the training facility as they will have opposition getting to and from their villages. Pray that they are encouraged through this experience.
9. For the Lord to provide the right situations with the right people to be able to film a powerful message to share with our church.
10. Pray against illness.
11. Pray that every day the team, as well as those at home, are outfitted with the full armor of God to withstand the attacks of the enemy.